Mother Nature has given progesterone to males and females identically so as to stabilize and counterpoise the influential effects of estrogen.
When progesterone flows in the blood, ninety percent of it is attached to a protein or albumin segment. Merely a minor fraction of three percent flows uninhibited.
Progesterone is a hormone that is as much essential for males as it is for females.
Both males as well as females logically create progesterone and it performs a magnificent part in both genders.
The function of progesterone has been rigorously miscalculated in menfolk.
- Progesterone takes place innately in the human body and is produced by the adrenal glands in both genders, and the testes in males.
- Progesterone is also an intermediary complex in the organic passageways that are in charge of the manufacture of other significant hormones e.g. cortisol, testosterone, and estrogen. The individual progesterone of the human body is created mostly by the adrenal glands. It is a predecessor to DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) testosterone and the stress hormone known as Cortisol.
- Upsurges metabolism and encourages loss of weight.
- Balances the levels of blood sugar and decreases the threat of diabetes mellitus. Subdued levels of progesterone can subsidize to a disproportionate level of insulin flowing through the blood circulation. This can show the way to chubbiness and problems related to it.
- Performs as a biological diuretic (that promotes increased passage of urine).
- Regulates clotting of blood.
- Stimulates the manufacture of fresh bone.
- Boosts the performance of thyroid hormones.
- Eases melancholy and decreases apprehension.
- Encourages plans of normal sleep; progesterone performs a key part in the value of sleep which is so precarious to male fitness.
- Reestablishes appropriate levels of cellular oxygen.
- Mends deficiencies in sexual desire.
- Progesterone also operates to simplify pulling out symptoms when particular drugs such as benzodiazepines are withdrawn.
- Progesterone assists inhibit prostate ailment by inhibiting testosterone from being transformed into dihydrotestosterone, which, when created in undue quantities, can cause harm and even malignancy.
- One more way progesterone assists to lessen the threat of malignancy is by defeating the growth-stimulating consequences of estrogen and testosterone on cells that have survived their natural lifetime. Cells that exist lengthier than they should (owing to the effect of estrogen and testosterone) create excessive descendant cells that could nurture transmutations that give rise to malignancy.
- Complementing with progesterone may aid with enabling despair in men. This is for the reason that progesterone influences neurotransmitters in the brain, mostly mood-augmenting dopamine.
- Progesterone assists the manufacture of serotonin, which assists in controlling temperament and booting out apprehension.
- May prevent prostate cancer.
Dr. Platt believes that taking progesterone after age 50 may help men prevent prostate cancer, though this is unproven.
He notes that as men get older, their progesterone levels decrease while their estrogen levels increase, which coincides with the time in life that prostate cancer becomes a risk.
Also, lowered progesterone levels in women are linked to increased risks of several cancers, including breast cancer. This may be the same case for cancers specific to men.
Biological Progesterone Vs Man-Made Progesterone
While talking about progesterone, it is imperative to recognize the dissimilarity between the following:
- Biological progesterone: Natural progesterone denotes hormone products that have a molecular configuration matching the hormones naturally manufactured by your bodies. The most operational arrangement of progesterone is referred to as micronized progesterone. The practice of micronization permits balanced and uniform assimilation of the medicine. Micronized progesterone is accessible only by means of the prescription of doctor.
- Artificial progesterone equivalents known as progestins.
Progestogens are an authority term for both biological progesterone and the artificial progestins.
Biological progesterone is manufactured in the research laboratory from the following sources:
- The Mexican wild yam
Males who have subdued levels of progesterone have a bigger threat of acquiring grim ailments such as brittle bones, arthritis, and inflammation of prostate as well as malignancy of prostate gland.