This therapeutic bit encloses testosterone and is employed for hormone substitution in males; this medicine is soaked up through the skin, and goes in the blood circulation to support their body accomplish normal levels of testosterone.
A Transdermal Testosterone patch is employed for the management of men whose bodies fail to create sufficient natural testosterone…an ailment known as hypogonadism.
Testosterone is a masculine hormone in charge of the development of the macho erotic structures and upkeep of consequent masculinity characteristics.
Transdermal testosterone is obtainable only with the recommendation of the doctor.
Prior to making an assessment to use transdermal testosterone, the threats of using these must be evaluated against their benefits.
Testosterone assists the body to improve and uphold the male erotic features, such as intense vocal sounds and increased hair on the body.
It also supports to uphold muscle and inhibit loss of bones and is required for instinctive erotic capacity.
How Transdermal Testosterone is Used
Two intensities of patches are obtainable that transport around 2 mg or 4 mg of testosterone each day. Transdermal testosterone is meant to dole out testosterone repeatedly for twenty-four hours subsequent to application to non-scrotal skin.
- For the purpose of utilizing the patch, take away the defensive backing to bare the gluey coat.
- Instantaneously position the patch with the gluey side down on uncontaminated, arid skin, typically on one occasion every night.
- Garb the patch for twenty-four hours, and then substitute it with a fresh patch.
- Ensure to put on the patches to a dissimilar part every day.
- Given an interval of seven days afore putting on the patch to the same region of skin.
- The patch may be well-worn during coitus. Wait for almost 180 minutes subsequent to application of the patch, prior to taking a shower, swimming etc.
- Extensive workout / perspiration may release the patch or slump it. If the patch gets separated, apply pressure around the boundaries of the patch to safeguard it in place, and to prevent it from dropping off.
- For the purpose of abandoning the patch, bend it in such a manner that the gluey side is present on the interior.
- Place the pleated patch in the sack from which the new patch is taken and abandon it in the garbage.
- This medicine may be employed recurrently for the purpose of acquiring the most value from it.
- To aid you recollect it, you may use it at the unchanged time every night.
- Spread over a dried up, uncontaminated area of skin on the following areas:
- The posterior
- Upper arms
Safety Measures Prior to Using Transdermal Testosterone
- This medicine should never be used by females.
- The location of the patch must not be greasy or irritable.
- Never position on the scrotum / regions which have bones e.g. shoulders or hips.
- Never put on the patch to the skin that has been dealt with an ointment that is smeared to the outside of the body e.g. the skin or mucous membranes since doing so may lessen the quantity of testosterone that the body will captivate.
- Seek the advice of your doctor if you ever come across any unfamiliar or hypersensitivity reactions to testosterone.
- Aged patients may be at bigger threat for acquiring prostate glitches, counting malignancy of prostate (which may necessitate cautiousness in patients in receipt of testosterone transdermal patch.)
The goal of transdermal testosterone replacement treatment is to upsurge blood testosterone intensities to standard levels.
While performing so, it can also re-establish the libido of men besides manifestation of masculine erotic appearances.