Although ZMA blends have a good track record as general health supplements, but in terms of testosterone enhancement, there’s always been room for improvement.
9 out of 10 ZMA blends contain identical ingredients, and despite this, manufacturers like to claim this blend as their own.
Every now and then, you’ll see a ZMA blend that contains additional ingredients when compared to the traditional ZMA formula. ZMA-5 by SNAC is precisely one of these. On top of the vitamin B6, magnesium, and zinc, it also contains vitamin B9, and 5-HTP.
- 1 Advertising Claims
- 2 Manufacturer Name & Address
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 Is the Marketing Honest?
- 5 Does ZMA-5 by SNAC Come With a Moneyback Guarantee?
- 6 Can ZMA-5 by SNAC Trigger Any Side Effects?
- 7 How Much Is It?
- 8 ZMA-5 by SNAC Pros & Cons
- 9 Where Can I Buy ZMA-5 by SNAC?
- 10 ZMA-5 by SNAC Final Verdict
- Supports REM sleep
- Offers enhanced recovery and sleep
Manufacturer Name & Address
SNAC (Scientific Nutrition for Advanced Conditioning), 1100 Industrial Road #12, San Carlos, California 94070
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) (10.5 mg) exists in the body, and can also be found in certain foods. The human body relies on this vitamin to allow it to perform more than 100 enzyme reactions to do with the metabolic system. According to a recent study, daily vitamin B6 supplementation managed to boost the growth hormone immediately post-workout.
- Vitamin B9 (as Folic Acid) (100 mcg) is concerned with transforming food into energy, as well as assisting the body to utilize fats and proteins.
- Magnesium (as Aspartate) (450 mg) is a type of dietary mineral that’s vital for maintaining overall health. When magnesium levels fall, this can cause many problems, high blood pressure being one. According to trials, regular magnesium supplementation can enhance an individual’s tolerance to extreme physical stress, as well as heightening bone mineral density and muscle oxygenation.
- Zinc (as Monomethionine and Aspartate) (30 mg) is a type of dietary mineral concerned with the regulation of certain enzymes. Zinc normally leaves the body through sweat, and this possibly explains why levels are so low at that point. Zinc is known to strengthen the immune system, as well as helping to provide antioxidant effects. Zinc has also shown to increase testosterone.
- 5-HTP (as Griffonia Simplicifolia) (50 mg) is the forerunner to serotonin. Serotonin is a type of neurotransmitter linked with happiness and elation. This ingredient has shown a remarkable ability to increase brain serotonin levels, which can sometimes be a double-edged sword. Existing studies have shown effective appetite suppression.
Is the Marketing Honest?
Okay, I give SNAC nutrition credit for creating a non-traditional blend, but what about the advertising claims? The two claims that; ZMA-5 supports REM sleep and offers enhanced recovery and sleep, probably refers to one particular study.
It involved 45 subjects who were administered with 2mg/kg over the course of 20 days. Researchers noted “significant reductions in sleep terrors”.
Unfortunately there was no mention of improved REM sleep, and this is where I feel SNAC may have stretched the truth a little! But looking at this supplement purely from a testosterone enhancement perspective, it’s only the zinc element that’s effective.
Does ZMA-5 by SNAC Come With a Moneyback Guarantee?
Can ZMA-5 by SNAC Trigger Any Side Effects?
ZMA-5 by SNAC appears to be side-effect free.
How Much Is It?
- 1 container (30 servings), 90 capsules $19.99
ZMA-5 by SNAC Pros & Cons
- Reasonable price
- Side-effect free
- No moneyback guarantee
- Advertising claims appear to be slightly exaggerated
Where Can I Buy ZMA-5 by SNAC?
You can buy ZMA-5 by SNAC from Bodybuilding.com
ZMA-5 by SNAC Final Verdict
Although I’m not the biggest fan of ZMA blends, ZMA-5 is slightly different and certainly stands out from the crowd. By adding 5-HTP and folic acid, SNAC created a unique blend.
I have a slight issue with the advertising claims because they appear to be stretching the truth slightly, but other than that, this product is decent!
But purely from a testosterone enhancement perspective, only zinc will help in that department.