Zinc Magnesium Aspartate blends or ZMA for short have been around for a number of years now. They rely mainly on three ingredients, but occasionally manufacturers like to push the boat out, and add a few extra ingredients in an attempt to make the product unique.
ZMA JYM is precisely one of these.
- Maintain optimal hormone levels
Manufacturer Name & Address
The company address is undisclosed.
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) (10.5 mg): can be found in the human body, as well as certain foods, and this vitamin is so crucial to the human body that it relies on it to enable it to perform more than 100 enzyme reactions to do with the metabolism. One recent study noted massive improvements in the growth hormone immediately post workout after regular vitamin B6 supplementation.
- Magnesium (as magnesium aspartate) (450 mg): is a type of dietary mineral. A magnesium deficiency is currently prevailing in certain Western countries, and such a deficiency can lead to high blood pressure and reduced insulin sensitivity. Studies seem to indicate that magnesium supplementation can provide significant improvements during physical stress. Moreover, magnesium is believed to enhance muscle oxygenation, as well as bone mineral density, as seen here.
- Zinc (as mono-L-methionine and aspartate) (30 mg): just like magnesium, zinc is also an essential dietary mineral that dictates enzyme regulation. It’s widely accepted that zinc is a powerful immune boosting agent, formidable antioxidant, as well as possessing impressive testosterone enhancing qualities. Zinc normally leaves the body through sweat during exercise, and this possibly explains why zinc levels are so low immediately after working out.
- Bioperine® black pepper extract (5 mg): is a derivative of black peppers and is typically used to enhance absorption in a growing number of supplements.
Is the Marketing Honest?
In all honesty, other than claiming to help “maintain optimal hormone levels”, JYM Supplement Science doesn’t really make any other claims when it comes to the supplement.
Looking at this supplement purely from a testosterone enhancing perspective, zinc is probably the only ingredient capable of doing this.
The remaining ingredients, vitamin B6, magnesium, and by BioPerine are more concerned with boosting the growth hormone, providing better exercise performance, and enhanced nutrient absorption respectively.
Does ZMA JYM Come With a Moneyback Guarantee?
Can ZMA JYM Trigger Any Side Effects?
ZMA JYM appears to be side-effect free.
How Much Is It?
- 1 container, 90 capsules $15.78
ZMA JYM Pros & Cons
- Ingredients with proven history
- Contains BioPerine, great absorption agent
- Side effect free
- No moneyback guarantee
- Advertising claims not entirely accurate
- No company contact information
- Ingredients won’t offer much in terms of testosterone enhancement
Where Can I Buy ZMA JYM?
You can buy ZMA JYM from Bodybuilding.com.
ZMA JYM Final Verdict
ZMA JYM contains quality ingredients, but looking at it purely from a testosterone enhancement perspective, other than zinc, the remaining ingredients don’t really have any correlation in this regard.