ZMA blends can be found in most health shops and supplement websites. Each manufacturer seems to make slightly differing claims as to what their “unique” blend can do for health, and this is despite using exactly the same ingredients, in the same quantities as most of the competitors.
ZMA by Optimum Nutrition is a prime example of this. So what makes Optimum Nutrition’s version of ZMA so unique? Let’s find out…
- 1 Advertising Claims
- 2 Manufacturer Name & Address
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 Is the Marketing Honest?
- 5 Does ZMA by Optimum Nutrition Come With a Moneyback Guarantee?
- 6 Can ZMA by Optimum Nutrition Trigger Any Side Effects?
- 7 How Much Is It?
- 8 ZMA by Optimum Nutrition Pros & Cons
- 9 Where Can I Buy ZMA by Optimum Nutrition?
- 10 ZMA by Optimum Nutrition Final Verdict
- Contains “patented blend”
- May increase testosterone + strength in well-trained athletes
- May provide better results when combined with creatine, glutamine, HMB or other strength products
Manufacturer Name & Address
Optimum Nutrition, Attn: Consumer Affairs Dept, 3500 Lacey Road, Suite 1200, Downers Grove, IL 60515
- Vitamin B6 (as pyrodoxine HCl)(10.5 mg) can be found in certain foods, and is also present in the human body. This vitamin is crucial for the body because it allows it to perform more than 100 enzyme reactions concerning the metabolism. According to this study, daily vitamin B6 supplementation managed to skyrocket the human growth hormone immediately after exercising.
- Magnesium (as aspartate) (450 mg) is a dietary mineral that’s essential for maintaining good health. A magnesium deficiency can bring with it a number of health problems including high blood pressure and reduced insulin sensitivity. According to repeated studies, regular magnesium supplementation can enhance an individual’s tolerance to extreme physical stress, as well as improving bone mineral density and muscle oxygenation
- Zinc (as aspartate and monomethionine) (30 mg), just like magnesium is also a type of dietary mineral responsible for enzyme regulation. According to experts, zinc can help to fortify the immune system, and provide antioxidant properties. More relevant to the case in hand, zinc has shown to increase testosterone effectively in a relatively short period of time. It is believed that zinc normally leaves the body through sweat, and this possibly explains why levels can be so low at that point.
Is the Marketing Honest?
Okay, the first claim is that ZMA by Optimum Nutrition contains a patented blend. This may indeed be the case because although the ingredients might be exactly the same as every other ZMA blend, the differences in precise dosages allow the manufacturers to make such claims. What’s important is the product is adequately dosed as per studies.
The second claim seems to suggest that this product may increase testosterone and strength in well-trained athletes. And this claim probably alludes to the zinc content, which has repeatedly demonstrated a remarkable ability to skyrocket testosterone levels in a relatively short period of time. Ultimately, more testosterone means more strength!
And the final claim may provide better results when combined with creatine, glutamine, HMB or other strength products also rings true because products like glutamine and creatine are designed to provide more energy and strength in their own right. Although this claim is true, it’s no big thanks to ZMA by Optimum Nutrition.
Does ZMA by Optimum Nutrition Come With a Moneyback Guarantee?
Can ZMA by Optimum Nutrition Trigger Any Side Effects?
ZMA by Optimum Nutrition appears to be side-effect free.
How Much Is It?
- 1 container (30 servings), 90 capsules $12.73
- 1 container (60 servings), 180 capsules $22.20
ZMA by Optimum Nutrition Pros & Cons
- Reasonable price
- Side-effect free
- Ingredients match purported benefits
- No moneyback guarantee
- Almost identical formula to most other ZMS blends
Where Can I Buy ZMA by Optimum Nutrition?
You can buy ZMA by Optimum Nutrition from Bodybuilding.com
ZMA by Optimum Nutrition Final Verdict
ZMA by Optimum Nutrition features three high-quality ingredients that can also be found in every other ZMA blend out there therefore this product does not really hold a unique selling point.
In terms of testosterone enhancement, it only contains zinc that is capable of enhancing this hormone.